What's in My Beauty Bag
Get an extra Cash Bonus for products you're already buying.
All it takes is one click. And yes, it's free.
Call me boring, but I'm pretty set in my ways when it comes to my beauty routine. I'm a huge advocate of the age old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." These are a few of my favorite things:
1. Nars the Multiple in Copacabana: 50 Cent's got nothing on this, the true magic stick. It literally does it all - I use it to highlight my brow bones & my cheek bones. It's great for layering underneath eye shadows and blush. I also dab on my lips before applying lip gloss or lipstick for that extra touch of shimmery goodness. A little expensive at $39 for a tube, but worth every penny and lasts forever.
2. Smith's Rosebud Salve: I'll never leave home without this and the one time I did, I almost went home sick from work. My lips are the worst and I've tried everything under the sun but this one seems to do the trick.
3. Benefit blush in Dallas: It took me awhile, but I think I've found the perfect blush. It contours my cheekbones and gives me a natural glow when paired with Nars the Multiple underneath.
4. Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser: When it comes to skincare, I'm a simple gal: this cleanser is light, refreshing and doesn't irritate my skin. And the actual wash itself comes out black, somehow I think that gives it extra cool points.
5. Benefit They're Real! mascara: I used to go in & get lash extensions done monthly and now that I don't have that luxury, this is the only mascara that is even close to meeting the results I used to get with falsies.
6. Narcisco Rodriguez For Her rollerball perfume: The one beauty item I do venture out on is perfume (sometimes cologne). I like to have an array of choices, from airy body sprays from Victoria's Secret or cologne from Chanel. This is my current new favorite harboring the perfect concoction of masculine + feminine with hints of honey flower, amber and tactile wood.
7. Makeup Forever Duo Mat powder: I switch between duo mat and pro finish, but Makeup Forever has hands down the best powder - never dries out my skin and provides flawless coverage all day.
8. Nature's Gate Avocado Night cream: I use this night cream alone or sometimes to clean off my makeup right before bed. The all natural ingredients instantly make my face feel refreshed and renewed after a long day of wear and tear.
9. Benefit lip gloss in Dallas: I don't typically match my lip gloss to my blush, but this nude is so perfect and because my braces have me swearing off lipstick for awhile, this is a great substitute.
10. Gwenda Hawkes Aftershave Leg Toner: I wrote about this in a previous post, but it is the best thing that's happened to me since Harry Potter. I mean why should the dudes have all the fun? I spritz this on cleanly shaven legs immediately after a shower and it replaces me having to use lotion by keeping it moisturized, smooth and soft.