Back to School "Cool"
Get an extra Cash Bonus for products you're already buying.
All it takes is one click. And yes, it's free.
Though my days of academia are long gone, every time fall comes around, a sense of nostalgia washes over me and I think back to the times where this season meant a new back-to-school wardrobe courtesy of the parentals. Despite the fact that this tradition is over, that along with my youth - it's still fun to pretend. Here are my essentials to achieving back to school cool.
1. Elizabeth & James flannel: When you think fall, you think flannel and now that they are currently trending on the waists of our favorite off-duty models and bloggers, the choices are limitless.
2. Rag & Bone skinny capri jean: An investment pair of great denim to get you through the school year, this one has the most perfect wash, distress and fit.
4. Madewell Sloane mini satchel: this bag is cool enough to take you from day to night, and classic enough to keep around for years to come.
5. Madewell Bien Fait sweatshirt: I'm huge on comfort so I have a natural attraction to sweatshirts, and sweatshirts with interesting copy? Double win. Tres tres chic!
7. Aldo Flokarl boots: I'm clearly obsessed with this oxblood/burgundy color right now - I thought I would give you guys a high and low option (as in price point and height of heel). For the high heel challenged, I present this bootie, in the same cool color but without the cost of potentially achy feet at the end of the day.
8. Asos Suki pointed heels: Silver adds just the right touch of interesting to any seemingly ordinary outfit.
9. Madewell Bookclub glasses: Currently super into glasses right now. I own a pair of my own in a similar white/beige nude and they bring the perfect pop to my outfits - dressed up or dressed down.
10. Duffy knitted beanie: I own this exact beanie and it has the perfect slouch and is made of thick sweater knit material that is less susceptible to stretching.
11. Jewelmint Afterglow necklace: Three is better than one. Simple, clean and dainty jewelry is in and it makes any outfit seem effortless.
12. Uniqlo Heattech socks: Not only will these keep you warm with their special heattech formula but the herringbone & houndstooth patterns will keep them from being basic and boring. Stock up!
13. Odin New York in Formula #4: I gravitate towards unisex scents because I need a balance of masculine & feminine and this one meets the requirements: a perfect fall scent with hints of coriander & spicy pink pepper.
Great thing about these pieces is that they work well together but as separates too. I'd pair the flannel with the destroyed denim, beanie and silver heels for day and switch it up to a pencil skirt at night paired with some majorneck bling. The sweatshirt could be paired with some denim cut off shorts(if you're still unwilling to let go of summer), the Uniqlo socks and the Rebecca Minkoff cut-out booties. Endless possibilities to get you through an endless school year.